From my childhood, I loved the shape of cupcakes or muffins. They are so cute and petite. When I started baking the first thing I bought was a 12-cup muffin pan J
Muffins are not as sweet as cupcakes and make an easy breakfast. Especially if you have a train or bus to catch or beat the traffic like me this is perfect ‘on the go’ breakfast, loved by both kids and adults alike. I tried so many varieties of muffins but Blueberry ones are fool proof. This is one of King Arthur flour recipes that I adapted to my taste. You can also check out their blog for awesome baking recipes.
What you need:
(makes 12 muffins)
2 1/4 cups All purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 tiny pinch of nutmeg (I know not a baking measurement J, but little goes long way, if you don’t like the taste of nutmeg, you can skip it)
Steps to follow:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl first and then add eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract and beat the mixture together.
- Mix the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Now add the dry ingredients in 2 or 3 batches to wet mixture and incorporate everything into a smooth batter.
- Add blueberries and with a spatula fold them into the batter.
- Line the muffin pan with paper cups or spray with oil.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan and bake it for 20 – 24 min.
- Insert a tooth pick into a muffin and it should come out clean when done.
- Take them out of oven, cool in the pan for 5 min and then place muffins on rack to finish cooling.
- Muffins will keep fresh in the fridge for 3 - 4 days.