Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies



I guess there aren't many people who don't like chocolate chip cookies. Even my husband who isn’t a big fan of chocolate likes chocolate chip cookies J . I am a chocoholic and love anything with chocolate.
First time when I made these cookies, I sent them as part of a care package to my Sis. She mentioned that as soon she received it, she and her roomies finished the whole tin. From then on it became a tradition to send these to my Sis and also to my cute 4 year old cousin Jay.
I customized my recipe from a cook book and also from original Nestle toll house recipe. This book I have is all about Chocolate. Whenever I flip through the pages, I feel like making everything in there. They are all very delicious and sinfully rich in chocolate. With the holidays coming up may be I will blog a series about these goodies that make perfect gifts.
I like my cookies on the sweeter side, so I use milk chocolate chips, but they can be swapped with semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips based on your taste. Also, these are softer and chewier cookies.

What you need:
(makes around 20 medium sized cookies)

1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ cup (1 stick) butter softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup regular granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Steps to follow:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F
  2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract together. Add egg to this mixture and beat it until the batter is fluffy.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking soda.
  4. Combine dry ingredients to batter and mix until everything comes together.
  5. Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
  6. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (grease it with butter).
  7. Drop spoonfuls on the sheet allowing room to expand.
  8. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye, they will brown easy.
  9. Once edges are brown take them out and let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 min.
  10. Then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely. They will stay good in the fridge for 1 week.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, nothing can beat a real good chocolate chip cookie. Will try the recipe sometime.

    ReplyDelete