Monday, January 30, 2012

Mango Mousse Pie


Just before the holidays, my colleague Usha got this delicious and mouth watering Mango Mousse pie for a team potluck.  It was love at first sight for me :) and I couldn't keep my eyes off. It looks beautiful and just melts in your mouth.
Since I never tried any mousse recipe, I assumed it will be a time consuming process. Anyhow, I wanted to give it a try as the taste was so much worth the effort. When Usha sent me the recipe, I was so surprised at the short list of ingredients and how easy it is to put together. I made it thrice so far and every time it comes out great. This pie can be decorated with drizzle of melted chocolate or a dollop of whipped cream with fresh mango pieces or maraschino cherry.
After our New year's party at home, I made this mango pie to give it to our neighbor as a thanks for not complaining about the noise and he loved it. It makes a perfect gift for anyone.


What you need:
(makes one 8 inches pie)
(use dry ingredients measuring cups)

Unflavored gelatin - 2 Envelopes
Regular Cream cheese - 4 oz
Whipped cream - 1 cups
Mango pulp - 1 1/2 cups
sugar - 1/4 cup (add to your taste and also according to how sweet mango pulp is)
Hot water - 1 1/2 cups
2 Pre-baked 8 inches pie shells (I used the store bought ones with graham cracker crust)

Steps to follow:
  1. Dissolve gelatin in hot water
  2. Add the gelatin mixture into a blender along with cream cheese, whipped cream, mango pulp and sugar
  3. Blend until everything incorporate
  4. Pour the mixture into the pie shell
  5. Refrigerate the pie to set for at least 3-4 hrs. Best if set overnight
Instead of pie shell, this mousse mixture can also be poured into a glass dish to set and cut into desired shapes.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment